If your taste buds have been blessed enough to try a quiche, you know how amazing these taste, especially when made right. This Quiche Recipe is super easy to make, and it’s packed with ham, cheese, and green onions- a perfect easy breakfast or dinner!
Like most of our other healthy recipes, feel free to get creative and experiment. You can add anything you want to this quiche recipe — different high or low carb vegetables, cheeses, or seasonings — but ham and cheese pairs well in this recipe.
If you’re like us, you love egg muffins, and you can eat some at any time of the day. But, if you’re always looking for an excuse to savor them for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, this quiche recipe is definitely for you.
While there are tons of variations on a classic quiche recipe, we wanted to keep things super simple for you to be able to whip some at home. So that’s why we used a premade, refrigerated pie crust and stuffed it with all the delicious stuff!
This recipe uses a premade, frozen pie crust to make this recipe even easier, but if you want to start from scratch and wish to roll yours out and bake it in one of your own pie plates, why not?
Tips For Nailing Our Quiche Recipe
- Before we head over to the kitchen, let’s talk about essentials. Feel free to get a premade pie crust from your local supermarket. We’re going to fill it with your favorite things and some of ours.
- Many quiche recipes out there use pre-cooked ingredients and need an extra pan and more prep time. For this recipe, we’ll be using cooked, cubed ham and green onions to make sure it comes together as quickly and nicely as possible!
- You’ll need to keep an eye on the quiche as it preps — you don’t want to overcook the crust as the eggs cook! If possible, cover the outside rim of the crust with foil to prevent it from cooking further.
Can I Make a Quiche Ahead of Time?
Yes, absolutely! You can bake it the night before and feast on it the next day. After baking, let it cool for up to two hours, then refrigerate. To reheat, simply cover the quiche with foil again and bake for about 325F. Letting it cool before refrigerating it helps keep the crust crisper.
Want To Make a Crustless Quiche?
For our vegan connoisseurs, if you’re looking to bake a gluten-free version, or you’re just not a big fan of crust in general (hey, we’re not here to judge), you can definitely skip the crust and just pour the mixture right into the pan to make a crustless quiche. It’s super easy!
Just be sure to grease the pie plate beforehand. You don’t want your eggs to get cemented to the pan after they’re cooked!
Since you won’t need to keep an eye on the crust for signs of readiness, you will need to bake it until the eggs are fully set all through the core of your quiche.
How To Make Quiche
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 35 Minutes
- Total Time: 50 Minutes
- Servings: 6 Servings
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 6 large eggs
- ¾ cup milk or cream
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup cooked ham chopped
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheese divided
- 3 tablespoons green onions
- Start by preheating the oven to 375°F.
- Unfold pie crust and unroll into a 9″ pie plate, pinching the top edges if needed.
- In a large bowl, whip together milk, eggs, salt, and pepper.
- Add your ham, 1 cup of cheese, and green onions into the unfolded crust and pour the mixture over the top. Sprinkle any remaining cheese on top (add preferred ingredients if needed).
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until the middle has ultimately settled. Let it cool for 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving and 2 hours of baking ahead of time.
- Calories: 299
- Carbohydrates: 16g
- Protein: 15g
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Cholesterol: 190mg
- Sodium: 705mg
- Potassium: 167mg
- Sugar: 2g,
- Vitamin A: 505IU
- Vitamin C: 0.6mg
- Calcium: 208mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
What to Serve with Quiche
Here’s what we recommended serving with quiche:
- Baked Cinnamon Sugar Donuts
- Fruit Salad, Bacon, or Sausage
- Strawberry Bacon Salad
- Cinnamon Rolls
- Nutella-Stuffed Muffins
- Blueberry Muffins or Banana Muffins
- Crumb Cake
More Healthy Recipes You’ll Love
- Mango Salsa Recipes You Have Got to Try– a Summer favorite!
- Some of Our Favorite Stewed Apples Recipes – another healthy, sweeter option
- Easy Waffle Recipes to Know – for breakfast on the go
- The Best Calzone Recipes and How to Make Calzones You’ll Love – mmmm, Calzones!!