Packed with lean ground beef, a mix of chili beans, veggies, various seasonings, and topped with all your favorites and ours (hopefully), this thick, rich, and flavorful chili recipe is guaranteed party favorite! Ready to up your chili night side dish game?! Give this delicious vegan meatball a try, or serve it with some homemade Calzone for a side dish that pairs with this chili recipe perfectly.
Easy Chili Recipe
This recipe can feed a crowd yet can be made in less than an hour. The best part is you’ll only need one pot to make it. It’s simple yet bursts in flavors. We know summertime is on the way, but this recipe hits just as hard during BBQ season. So feel free to get creative and experiment by adding all your staple pantry ingredients. Let’s get cooking!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 8 ounces can tomato sauce
- 1 15 ounces can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 15 ounces can of pinto beans
- 1 15 ounces can of kidney beans
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
This is a chunky, rich chili recipe with loads of flavor, so you’ll need to gather a few things. Then, in just 30 minutes, this ultimate chili goodness will be ready to feed the party!
- Olive Oil: We’ll need the olive oil to sauté the bell pepper, onion, and cloves to kickstart the flavor.
- Onion: Chop up some onions or get the diced ones from the store.
- Green Bell Pepper: Chop into small pieces depending on how you like them.
- Garlic Cloves: We used fresh cloves for this recipe but feel free to get the jarred version as a substitute.
- Ground Beef: Lean ground beef to complement the flavor.
- Beef Broth: Adds in extra flavor and fluidity to the mix.
- Tomato: For this recipe use tomato sauce and diced tomatoes for a quick dump in the pot.
- Beans: Add kidney bean and pinto to give it a good tender and soft mix.
- Seasonings: Oregano, chili powder, coriander, cumin, salt, and cayenne mix together, giving the chili a rich, spicy, sweet, and savory flavor.
How to Make Homemade Chili
Prep Time: 15 Minutes | Cook Time: 30 Minutes | Total Time: 45 Minutes
This recipe will be ready to feast on in no time:
- Sauté and Cook Beef: In a wide, deep pot, toss in the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the bell pepper, onion, and garlic, and cook until well-blended and almost tender. Add the ground beef and cook and break until well-cooked.
- Add The Remaining Ingredients: Toss in the beef broth, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, kidney beans, pinto beans, chili powder, oregano, coriander, cumin, salt, and cayenne.
- Boil: Bring to a boil and reduce heat until it thickens and flavors combine for about 30 minutes.
- Serves: 8
- Calories: 194 Kcal (10%)
- Carbohydrates: 4g (1%)
- Protein: 26g (52%)
- Fat: 8g (12%)
- Saturated Fat: 3g (15%)
- Cholesterol: 70 Mg (23%)
- Sodium: 640mg (27%)
- Potassium: 534 Mg (15%)
- Fiber: 2g (8%)
- Sugar: 1g (1%)
- Vitamin A981IU (20%)
- Vitamin C13mg (16%)
- Calcium: 41 Mg (4%)
- Iron: 4mg (22%)
Just like any recipe, there are so many enjoyable ways to diversify this chili recipe. Make it thicker, spicier by adding some of your favorites on there! Play around with the ingredients and you may end up with a variation even better. Give these variations a try to see what you come up with!
- Vegetables: Carrots, celery, potatoes, mushrooms, or zucchini make great additions for sautéing and flavor.
- Meat: Instead of beef, opt for turkey, steak, sausage, or chicken.
- Seasonings: Try adding taco seasoning for a tangier taste.
- Smokey Taste: Try adobe sauce or paprika for a smoky taste.
- Beef Broth: Not a fan of beef broth? No worries, water will help keep it thick and will stew well with the ingredients.
- Sugar: No way, right? Yes, way! Sugar can add a bit of sweetness to the dish. Cocoa powder will also add a subtle tinge of sweetness with a delicious taste of chocolate.
Top Your Chili:
You’re using too many toppings, said no one ever! Go crazy on the toppings and add all your favorites to make this recipe even better! From lime wedges, Mexican jalapeños, or a crunchy chip is just what your chili needs. Here are some of our favorites:
- Sour Cream: Add a subtle touch over the top
- Onions: Cut up and sprinkled at the end
- Shredded Cheese: This will melt nicely over the top of the chili
- Jalapeños: For tasty, spicy goodness
- Cilantro: Adds excellent flavoring
- Avocado: Cut and sprinkle some in
- Tortilla Strips: For a crunchier bite
- Lime Wedges: Squeeze at the end
What are you waiting for? Try this chili recipe today and reinvent chili nights! This classic chili recipe is super simple to make with ground beef, beans, a simple homemade blend of chili seasonings, and your personal touch! For more healthy recipes and guides visit Nutrition Realm.