Mango season is upon us, and do you know what that means? We’re making mango salsa. It’s so easy and delicious that you’ll be eating it all summer. Mango salsa is a great dip to serve with chips for a get-together, and it makes a mean side to seafood dishes, such as salmon or halibut. Ready to get started?
Health Benefits of Mangos
Before we dive into today’s recipe, let’s take a look at some health benefits that mangos boast. The vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants in mangos can provide numerous health benefits. For example, vitamin K promotes healthy blood flow and helps forestall anemia. It also plays a vital role in helping sustain your bones. Mangos are also rich in vitamin C, which is essential for forming blood vessels and healthy collagen and helping you heal faster. Moreover, mangos may provide other benefits, such as:
Lower Risk of Cancer
Mangos are plentiful in beta-carotene, the pigment responsible for the color of the fruit. Beta-carotene is one of many antioxidants found in mangos. Antioxidants are known to combat the damaging effects of free radicals, which can harm your cells and possibly lead to cancer.
Mangos may also promote cardiovascular health. They are a prominent magnesium and potassium source, which is connected to lower blood pressure and a steady pulse. Furthermore, mangos contain a compound known as mangiferin, which initial studies suggest may reduce the heart’s inflammation.
Mangos may help support a healthy digestive system. They carry both amylase compounds as well as dietary fiber, which can help avoid constipation issues. Amylase compounds are known to help break down foods in your stomach, dissolving complex starches. Meanwhile, the fiber in mangos effectively relieves constipation.
Uses for Mango Salsa
This mango salsa recipe is phenomenal on fish tacos or any fresh, Mexican dish. It also pairs well with chips, guacamole, and black bean tacos. Feel free to experiment and get creative. You can also sprinkle it on your salads or, better yet, eat it straight out of the bowl as a sweet salad. The choice is yours!
Fresh Mango Salsa Ingredients:
To make this super easy mango salsa recipe, tell Alexa to add these to your shopping list:
- 2 Fresh Mangoes: Fresh, ripe, and diced to your desired size
- 1 Red Onion: Peeled and diced.
- 1-2 Jalapeños: If you’re not a fan of spicy salsas, we recommend using just one diced and seeded pepper. For a spicier salsa, consider adding two peppers.
- 1/2 cup Fresh Cilantro: Finely diced
- Fresh Lime: Opt for fresh lime juice. Avoid the bottled variety — trust us, your salsa will taste so much better.
- Prep time: 10 MINUTES
- Total time: 10 MINUTES
- Yield: 6-8 SERVINGS
How to Make Mango Salsa:
Finally, let’s get to cooking… more like assembling.
- Gather all of your goods: Feel free to make your salsa as chunky or finely chopped as you fancy. The size of your dice is entirely up to you.
- Merge all of the ingredients: Simply toss everything in a large mixing bowl until thoroughly mixed.
- Taste and season: This is ultimately your recipe; feel free to toss in some salt and pepper and add extra cilantro or extra lime juice as needed.
- Serve: Enjoy it! To store, refrigerate in a sealed container. This recipe can be stored for up to 2 days.
Other Ways to Use Mango Salsa:
Now that you have your super delicious mango dip, feel free to serve it as:
- Stand-Alone Dip: Just crack open a bag of your favorite chips!
- Taco Filling: If you’re big on tacos, this recipe is perfect for adding to any of your desired taco recipes.
- Topping: This recipe is ideal for sprinkling on grilled meat, seafood, or other veggie bowls.
Add this recipe to your summer dish arsenal and elevate your salsa game. This mango salsa makes a fantastic addition to almost any meal. If you’re a huge fan of mangos, here are some other ways you can include mango in your diet:
- Add some to your favorite smoothie.
- Grill mango as part of a barbecue.
- Try a mango sorbet recipe.
- Try pairing a fish dish with mango.
- Use some to make jam.
- Try frozen mango cocktails.