In addition to healthy eating, you must consider including vitamins and minerals to have a balance. Sometimes, even though you’re eating healthy, you may not have enough vitamins and minerals to sustain you.
For example, if you eat vegetarian dishes, some of them may not contain enough minerals. You could add zinc, which is a mineral supplement that can help to balance what you’re already eating.
Supplements are important to finish out the balance you need to make sure you’re getting enough all the way around.
Vitamins and minerals are imperative to have in order to maintain our body’s health and well-being. We have to get vitamins through the foods we eat.
Even with that, we have to keep in mind that everything we eat will not supply us with all of the vitamins. Depending on what we need, we could take Vitamin A, B, C, D or E, or a combination of them.
The Top 6 Vitamins and Their Works
We made a list of the five top vitamins and their functions in the body, Here they are:
- Vitamin A - Vitamin A helps form and maintain healthy skin, teeth, skeletal and soft tissue, mucus membranes, and skin. It is also known as retinol because it produces the pigments in the retina of the eye. Vitamin A promotes good vision, especially in low light (Source).
- Vitamin B - Often referred to as B complex vitamins, also help the body use fats and protein. B complex vitamins are needed for healthy skin, hair, eyes, and liver. They also help the nervous system function properly. All B vitamins are water soluble, meaning that the body does not store them (Source).
- Vitamin C - Vitamin C is needed for the growth and repair of tissues in all parts of your body. It is used to: Form an important protein used to make skin, tendons, ligaments, and blood vessels. Heal wounds and form scar tissue (Source).
- Vitamin D - Among the vitamin's main functions, it helps the body: Absorb calcium. Vitamin D, along with calcium, helps build bones and keep bones strong and healthy. Block the release of parathyroid hormone (Source).
- Vitamin E - Vitamin E is an antioxidant. This means it protects body tissue from damage caused by substances called free radicals, which can harm cells, tissues, and organs. They are believed to play a role in certain conditions related to aging (Source).
- Vitamin K - Vitamin K is a fat-soluble vitamin that is most well known for the important role it plays in blood clotting. However, vitamin K is also absolutely essential to building strong bones, preventing heart disease, and crucial part of other bodily processes (Source).
The 4 Most Important Dietary Supplements!
Here are the Dietary supplements you should also opt-in for. These ones should be part of your everyday as they offer serious boost to your well-being and overall wellness.
- Multivitamins - Think of a multivitamin as a little insurance policy to help protect your body against the vitamin and mineral shortfalls that can occur even in diets that are rich in healthy foods. By gifting your body with a multi, you’ll also be optimizing cellular function, which helps make all your systems work consistently at their peak, instead of sputtering through the day.
- Vitamin D3 - Having less of these guys means you could be leaving your body vulnerable to scourges like heart disease, cancer and diabetes. Here’s the tricky part: it’s virtually impossible to get adequate amounts of vitamin D from food, so you have to get it from supplements and sun exposure.
- Fish Oils - We mentioned earlier in our article, Fish oils often contain essential omega 3 fatty acids which is not only good for the heart but the general health as well. They support your body’s ability to prevent chronic diseases and help protect it against inflammation.
- Probiotics - Probiotics are the naturally occurring “good” bacteria that live in your gut and play a significant role in your total wellness. When you’re healthy, your intestinal tract hosts a battalion of more than 100 trillion friendly bacteria, who spend their days aiding digestion, boosting your immune system and consuming bad bacteria. (Source).
Wrapping It Up!
It’s important that we try to take all of them because they all serve a specific purpose in our bodies. These vitamins are also key to us maintaining that youthful look and vitality.
If you are lacking in one of these, it’s possible that you will feel the effects by way of illness or other health ailment.
It is advised that people should take a mineral and vitamin supplement daily.
The 2 Week Diet could help you lose weight fast, visit The 2 Week Diet.
If you’re not sure what you should be taking, consult with your physician. ( Check out these 5 easy steps for more information.
And finally? If this post has helped you? Click on the share buttons below to send it to your friends.