Hello there and welcome to Nutrition Realm, We're you'll be learning everything Nutrition, Staying Healthy, Fitness Tips & More.
In today's article we're talking about a common special fruit everyone eats and voila! It's Mango. Down here today you'll be learning all about Mango Nutrition: Stats, Facts and Nutritional benefits of eating mango.
So brace up, Grab a cup of coffee, relax and read on patiently 🙂
Chances are that you know what a mango or should i say how one looks like but to give a clearer picture of what we're talking about here i have attached the looks to the custom image above and a clearer definition below.
Mango is from the drupe family. A juicy stone fruit. Mostly edible in skin and taste very nice when consumed. Mango belongs to the genus Mangifera. There are different types of mangoes and most are often found wild.
Other species "Common mangoes" and "Indian Mangoes" are grown in the tropical area.
Now that we know what a mango is, It's time to get down to what we came here for. The facts, stats and benefits of eating mangoes
Making Food From Mangoes
Mangoes are generally sweet tasted but one thing is certain. They differ a lot. Whilst some skin are soft and succulent some have hard skin that takes a while to chew up.
Anyhow it is good food can be made from this beautiful fruit.Mangoes are used a lot in cuisines and restaurant to come up with different deserts and dishes. Juices included.
Ripe mangoes are used to make the food ingredient called "curry". "Aam Paari, A summer drink is made using mangoes and mango pulp can be cooked with red gram or cooked with jelly can be served along with cooked rice.
The 2 Week Diet could help you lose weight fast, visit The 2 Week Diet.
A meal called Mango lassi is popular in south asia, sour mangoes are used in chutneys then on and on like that, The question here should be have you ever eaten mango in a meal before? Anyways moving on...
Creating healthy food with mangoes, Here's a tested recipe on how to make coconut shrimp with ginger mango sauce.
Mango Nutrition Value
Mango has many nutritional benefits. Each mango fruit energy value is 100g (3.5oz) which makes serving the common mango 250 KJ (60Kcal) which makes it a little bit higher than that of an apple.
A fresh mango contains a lot of nutrients. Vitamin C and Folates present in large amounts. About 44% vitamin C Present and 11% of folates present in mango nutrition.
Please take a good look at the table below as it contains every information about mango nutrition.
Pantothenic acid (B5)
While many of these statistics were gotten from the official USDA website it is also important to know that where;
- μg = micrograms
- mg = milligrams
- IU = International units
It is also good to know that this fruit has some exiting portion of amino acids which results from protein, According to nutritiondata these are stats per one cup sliced of the mango fruit, See the image below.
7 Healthy Reasons to Start Eating Mango
1. Mango Helps Fight Cancer - Have you heard that before? Atleast anywhere? Mango contains Antioxidants like quercetin, isoquercitrin, astragalin, fisetin, gallic acid and methylgallat that helps keep cancer off your body.
2. Helps You Manage Cholesterol - Mango has a significant amount of vitamin C, pectin and fibres. This helps keep the serum that produces high cholesterol in the body in check, Fresh mango is also rich in potassium which proves to be an important part of the body cells and helps control heart rate and high blog pressure.
3. Helps You Lose Weight Faster - Hard to believe right? But mango has abundance of vitamin and minerals to make the body feel stuffed up when actually it isn't. This fruit also aids digestion thereby making food materials stay less in the body.
4. Adds More Power to Your Immune System - The mango is such an amazing fruit. Having contain nutrients like vitamin C, vitamin A and 25 different kinds of carotenoids. The combination of these guys help keep your human system thus making them stronger and making it hard for you to fall sick.
5. Helps Students Stay Focused - Weird right? Mango fruit is rich in glutamine acid– an important protein for concentration and memory. Thus making it good for people having hard time concentrating on their studies.
6. Huge Skin Clearer - You have some closed pores on your skin? Leave it to the mango fruit and it's nutritional benefits. Mangoes help you unclog your pores and add freshness to the face. You could slice a mango into thin pieces and keep them on your face for 10 to 15 minutes and then take bath or wash your face and see the results.
7. Mango Contains Irons For Women - Mango has a high quantity of iron present in it. So that makes it perfect for people suffering from Anaemia. Being rich in iron also makes it good for pregnant women and women in their menopause age.
The mango contains a lot of nutrients and it's a lot good for the body if you ask me. I'll advice you take it often to enjoy all these benefits.
I think it will be great to know that mango helps fight breast cancer as well or should i use the word prevent breast cancer as it contains vitamins and minerals that chases cancer away. Examples are the Antioxidants mentioned above.
With that we have come to the end of this article. If you like it do not forget to let us know using the comment form and also do not forget to subscribe to our newer posts. We are coming up with a premium subscription plan soon.
Here's a chance to get in before you have to pay to do it. We promise there are no spams. Just latest post from the blog published by google. You may subscribe HERE.