In all your days on earth, surely one way or the other you must've heard of the paleo system of eating or the paleo diet.
While some beg to differ, some say it's the healthiest way of eating. Leaving out the consuming of modern day foods, processed foods and sugars and embracing the ways our ancestors used to eat.
Nothing fancy, Just the food items provided by nature. The paleo diet consists of eating fruits and vegetables or preparing foods with healthy fats, nuts and seeds, lean meats and sea foods in them.
Looking at it from an ordinary perspective, that of a sane person -- eating on the paleo system can't be that bad afterall...
...of course if you're addicted to ingesting things like alchohol, processed foods and sugars, dairy products, grains... This might be hard for you as you'll have to do away with them.
It does have it's perks though...
Here are some quick benefits of the paleo system of eating...
Since the paleo diet is considered a very good approach to healthy eating...
Just as there are benefits of healthy eating, Here are some benefits of this diet:
1. Anti-Inflammatory Reasons: If you're familiar with the paleo diet and have seen the list of foods we published earlier about fighting inflammation, you'll discover that most of them are paleo friendly and they're very effective in helping you in the battle against inflammation.
The 2 Week Diet could help you lose weight fast, visit The 2 Week Diet.
2. Burn off Fat: Especially those that have been stored by your body, Since on the paleo diet you'll be consuming healthy fats. Sources of healthy fats? We're showing you a few just below.
3. Effective Weight Loss: Most of our ancestors we're healthy eaters, they ate MOSTLY only the things that we're provided by nature, no one was believed to be obessed, Switching to the paleo diet might be an approach to lose that weight.
4. More Energy to workout: Apart from warmups, there are a few things that are being recommended to eat, you'll find them on this guide. Most of those pre-workout snacks, eats are paleo....
5. Other Benefits Include: Getting a clear skin and good strong teeth, Lowers your chances at food allergy, stable blood sugar and so on.
Eating Paleo? Take these simple rules...
For a more effective and outstanding result.
1. Sleep well: The paleo diet isn't just all about consuming healthy foods, other healthy best practices are also a part of the puzzle, 5-10 hours of sleep is recommended.
2. Get Rid of Sugar: It posses great threats to your paleo diet results.
3. No Grains and Legumes: Barley, oats, wheats, soy... and the rest. They gotta go.
4. Avoid Industrial Seed Oils: They're mostly found in packaged foods.
5. Take Real Meals: They're better than snacks.. Eating 3-4 meals within your day is also a nice approach.
6. No Diary: All diary products, foods containing them, snacks containing them... They've gotta go.
7. Exercise too: Otherwise you wouldn't be enjoying the full benefits of eating on the paleo diet.
8. Eat Colorfully - A wide range of paleo friendly items in your food. They're usually called whole-360 bowls, You'll find a few on our Paleo lunch recipes roundup.
9. Easy on Fruits and nuts: They're good to consume but 1-2 servings of fruits daily is enough, overeating them may just cause you some digestive problems and we don't want that.
10. Take a break: From stress, the office, your normal work routine... Get some air, it's good for you.
Paleo Diet Grocery List
Now to the meat of today's post, we're going to give you a foolproof paleo grocery list for your shopping and for your Pinterest. You may save, print and take to the supermarket.
Before then, here's another healthy grocery list we published late last year.
This paleo diet grocery list contains healthy fruits, vegetables and fat sources. Feel free to save and print.. Scroll below to discover healthy paleo-friendly protein sources.
List of Paleo Diet Friendly Fruit Sources
- Apples Apricots
- Bananas Blackberries
- Cherries Date/Figs
- Exotic Fruits Grape Fruits
- Grapes Kiwi
- Lemon/Lime Mango
- Orange Papaya
- Peaches Pears
- Pineapples Plums
- Raspberries Strawberries
- Tangerines Watermelon
List of Paleo Diet Vegetable Sources
- Artichoke Asparagus
- Beets Bok Choy
- Broccoli Brussel Sprouts
- Celery Carrots
- Eggplant Garlic
- Green Beans Jicama
- Kale Lettuce
- Onions, Leeks Mushroom
- Radish Spinach
- Sweet Potato Swiss Chard
- Tomato Zuchinni
List of Paleo Protein Sources
- Eggs. Especially egg whites. Best pasturized or organic.
- Poultry. Chicken, Turkey, Game birds.
- Beef, Bison, Buffalo.
- Most Ruminants. Lamb, Elk, Goat, Moose.
- Most Game Meats.
- Seafood. Fish, Shellfish.
In addition to these protein sources for people eating on the paleo diet, Make sure to limit consummation of bacon, deli meats, and sausages.
Also avoid curried or processed meats as it's against the Paleo rule 🙂