If recently or for as long as we can remember you've been getting some pain around your knees and you'd like to relieve knee pain then you've come to the right place.
...In today's post we'll show you 10 strengthening exercises to relieve knee pain.
The knee is a very important part of the body and does a very important job when it comes to making us (we) humans mobile, Haboring pain in that part of the body can do severe to your attempts to contribute to the society.
Knees are the most commonly injured joints in the body considering when you move up around especially climb the stairs, the job is pushed to the knee.
Here are some strengthening exercises to relieve knee pain.
Exercises to Strengthen Your Knees
Here's a quick summary of the infographic above from Postivehealthwellness.com
The knee strengthening exercises are:
1. Wall slide: Leaning your back against the wall and leaning 30 degrees, sliding down the wall, the straighten up again, move slowly and smoothly, using your hands on the wall for balance. Keep knees and legs parallel, and do not allow knees to go out over the toes. Best repeat 5-10 times.
2. Bent-Leg Raises: Sitting in a chair, straighten one leg in the air (without locking the knee). Hold for about one minute. Bend your knee to lower for about one minute. Bend your knee to lower the leg for about halfway to the floor. Hold for 30 seconds. Return to starting position, walk up to 4 reps on each leg.
3. Straight-Leg Raises: Sitting in a chair, rest your foot on another chair. Lift the floor a few inches off the chair while keeping your leg straight. Hold for 5 - 10 seconds. Return to resting position. Repeat 5-10 times. Also work on increasing the time up to 2-3 minutes if possible.
4. Abductor Raise: Lie on your side, Propped on the elbow. The leg on the floor bent, The other straight. Slowly lift the top leg, Hold for 5-10 seconds, then lower (ankle weights will reduce the intensity. Do 1-3 sets with 12-15 repetitions each. Remember to rest in between sets.
5. Hamstring Curl: Stand with the front of your thighs against the surface (a table or a wall). Flex one knee up as far as it's comfortable. Hold for 5-10 seconds then lower slowly. If possible do not touch the floor between repetitions. (Ankle weights will increase the intensity). Do 1-3 sets with 12-15 repetitions each. Remember to rest in between sets.
6. Step-Ups: Stand in front of a step, Like a study bench or stairs, About two feet high (or less if necessary) Step up onto the support, straighten your knees fully (without locking them) and step down. Maintain a steady pace. If you are comfortable with your balance. Pump your arms while doing this exercise. Start with 1 minute slowly building your time, Gets your heart pumping too!
7. Stationary Bike: Biking is a good way to increase strength and range of motion. Make sure you have the right positioning of the legs. At the bottom of the pedal stroke, The bend of the knees should be 15 degrees. Start with 10 minutes and slowly increase your time.
8. Quad Clenches: Maintain and straighten the quads without moving the knee. Enable full straightening of the knee. Lying flat on your back or sitting up. Leg and knee straight. Tighten the muscle on the front row of the thigh muscles clench. Hold for 3 seconds.
9. Short Arcs: Strengthen the quads muscles without much knee movement. Lying flat on your back or sitting with your leg horizontal on a flat surface such as a bed. Place a rolled up towel (approx 10 diameter) under the knee: Pull your toes towards you and clench your thighs muscles. Slowly lift your foot off the bed until your knee is straight (keep your knee resting on the towel). Hold for 3-5 seconds and slowly lower.
10. Knee Marching: Increase quads strength without putting weight through the knee joint. Sit in a chair with your feet on the floor. March your legs up and down at a time. Lift your knee and feet up and back down. Repeat for about 1 minute, 2x daily and any time you are sitting for more than 20 minutes to stop your knees from getting stiff.
These 10 exercises should help relieve knee pain as fast as possible. Got any comments, suggestions? Please use the comment form below.